Gwen PETERSONSpecial Achievements:
Gwen became C.E.O. of Peterson Industries Pty. Ltd. after her husband Max passed away in 2002.
The Company had its beginnings in 1948, when it was set up in an old stone barn in a market garden, on the outskirts of Adelaide. The only equipment was a lathe Max had built and a blacksmith’s forge.
As the business grew, they needed more room, and so in 1951 they bought land in Edwardstown and built the first section of the factory. In the first ten years, Gwen worked alongside Max, in every area of the business.
As the business expanded, further properties were bought adjacent to the original, resulting in a substantial factory for what was really a small family business.
Over the years Peterson Industries trained many apprentices, including Paul Bradley, who became Managing Director in 1999.
During the second World War, Gwen served in the Women's Australian Auxiliary Air Force (W.A.A.A.F.). She marches on Anzac Day and enjoys the re-union afterwards, with the few remaining veterans who are able to attend.
For many years, Gwen competed in the City to Bay fun run and enjoyed walking her German Shepherd on the local beaches.
In June 2018, after 70 years of involvement with Peterson Industries Pty Ltd, and at the age of 93, Gwen retired from her position as C.E.O. of Peterson Industries Pty. Ltd.
Gwen maintains good health, a sharp brain, and continues to be interested in local and world business news.